Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Week Seven: Lessons Learned

I mentioned that I'm learning lots about myself and others this summer. I knew the Lord wanted to open my eyes this summer when I signed up. But I could never guess what I would be learning; a lot of it has been really hard for me! Some things God has shown me lately:
  • It's okay to be 100% of myself all the time. I shouldn't feel the need to hide any part of me from my friends.
  • I do not always need to be the leader or the person with the plan. I can be just as effective as a follower and helper!
  • Making a decision for life after graduation is a lot less scary now that I'm single. God's great plans now only affect myself, and that's a huge relief.
  • Talking to teens is tough and I'm not that good at it. But I can pray for them like crazy and love on them through activities.
  • I come across as uptight but my mischievous and silly side knows no bounds when it comes out. You may refer to me as Supreme Prankmaster upon my return.
  • Although this world is broken, God gives us opportunities to see that life is beautiful. Even though things have been really difficult with my family this summer, I value every second I breathe and sunset I see.
I still have no idea what to do for my capstone project next spring orhave a plan for when I graduate. But I'm at peace about it right now because my world has been expanded and I have the strong sense I am being led down a path, even if I can't see it.

Kendra

1 comment:

  1. I love hearing what God is doing in your life this summer! Excited to see and experience Maranatha this weekened :) And don't worry about life after graduation, literally my plan was to go to disney world and sit on my bum all summer, haha. God is good and he always works things out for the best!

    See you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete